Santa Catalina Virgen Y Martir 1797-1840

Located just outside of the village of Santa Catarina is the site of what some believe to be the last mission founded during the Spanish age in Baja California. Nearly nothing remains to show for the effort here. The stake is marking the southeast corner of the mission. 2006 photo by David Kier GPS: 31°39'38.1" 115°49'16.0"

A small mound of adobe marks the lookout tower ruins at the northwest corner of the mission and fort of Santa Catalina. 2006 photo by David Kier

1926 mission plan by Peveril Meigs


previous page next page