In 1802, the El Rosario mission (founded in 1774) moved two miles down the valley and across the river, after the spring by the mission failed. It was now located close to the river and farmlands. While the mission’s official name was Nuestra Señora del Rosario de Viñadaco, after the move the new location was known as Rosario de Abajo (Lower Rosario) and the former location as Rosario de Arriba (Upper Rosario).
- GPS: 30.041389, -115.739111
- Directions: Go west 2 miles from the sharp curve in highway, across river, continue west. Ruins are on the right.
- Mission Rosario de Arriba in photos: https://vivabaja.com/rosario-de-arriba/
- Mission Santo Domingo in photos: https://vivabaja.com/santo-domingo-in-photos/
- Mission Fernando in photos: https://vivabaja.com/san-fernando/
- Mission Santa María in photos: https://vivabaja.com/santa-maria/
- Mission San Borja in photos: https://vivabaja.com/san-borja/
- Mission Santa Gertrudis in photos: https://vivabaja.com/santa-gertrudis/
- All the missions, quick look and history, north to south: https://vivabaja.com/mission-site-photos/
- VivaBaja.com MISSIONS SECTION: https://vivabaja.com/missions1