Visitas (satellite visiting stations) of Baja California Missions:
Visitas were farms, ranches, and chapels connected to the head mission. They were not missions as they did not have a full-time priest or financial endowment. Many visitas were very productive and became missions in time or the mission they belonged to relocated to them. Some visitas were so impressive, writers called them missions, in error.
Visita de San Telmo (attached to Mission Santo Domingo)
Visita de San Isidoro (attached to Mission San Pedro Mártir)
Visita de San Juan de Dios (attached to Mission San Fernando)
Visita de Santa Ana (attached to Mission San Borja)
Visita de San Regis (attached to Mission San Borja)
Visita de San Pablo (attached to Mission Santa Gertrudis)
Visita de la Magdalena (attached to Mission Mulegé)
Visita de San Miguel (attached to Mission Guadalupe de Huasinapí)
Cemetery of San Miguel that began inside the visita chapel. See the square, cut-stone blocks in the background that were once the chapel wall. First graves were inside the chapel. Photo on April 19, 2022 from NZdo Aicrag. GPS: 26° 43′ 5.3″ N 112° 18′ 7.3″ W
From the 2002 book by Edward Vernon, Las Misiónes Antiguas, The Spanish Missions of Baja California.
Visita San Juan Bautista Londó (attached to Missions Loreto & Comondú)
Visita San Miguel (de Comondú) was originally attached to Mission San Javier. When the Comondú mission moved to just 4 kms away in 1736, the visita of San Miguel (de San Javier) became the visita of San Miguel de Comondú.
Visita de Santa Rosalillita (attached to Mission San Javier)
Visita de La Presentación (attached to Mission San Javier)
Visita Angel de la Guarda (attached to Mission Pilar de la Paz)
Visita de San Jacinto (attached to mission at Todos Santos)
Additional visita photos, GPS, and data: https://vivabaja.com/missions3/
To order the book, Baja California Land of Missions: https://oldmissions.com