Mision San Borja (1762-1818)

This northenmost of the stone missions in Baja, completed in 1801 by the Dominicans. The older adobe Jesuit ruins are in back. N 28°44.660' W113°45.267' elev.1,398

Here is Jose, who with his family guide visitors to the mission and nearby attractions. He played host to Graham Mackintosh during Graham's 1000 mile walk down Baja. Read 'Journey with a Baja Burro' available from the author at http://www.grahammackintosh.com

Top of the stairway to the never completed bell tower, Mision San Borja.

Recently, a mission restoration/conservation group erected this steel awning over part of the original Jesuit ruins at San Borja.

previous page
next page