Final site for Mision Santo Tomas 1799-1849

Once a large mission complex, only a few low adobe walls remain 156 years after it was abandoned. Located just east of the highway and north of the El Palomar campground in Santo Tomas at 31°33.50', 116°24.77' (NAD27).

More ruins of Mision Santo Tomas... Soon it will be all gone!

Part of the mission's irrigation system is still in use. Very likely will long outlast the mission walls.


previous page
next page